You are invited to
Celebrate Discovery Community’s 30 Years of
FRIENDS, FUN and FREEDOMS
Walker Creek Ranch in Marin County, CA, during Memorial Day Weekend, 2017
May 26 – 29, 2017
Join our diverse group of (familiar and newly acquainted) queer men, as we come together to enjoy camaraderie, share life experiences, learn more about ourselves and each other, have a “gay old time!” and make some unforgettable memories. This four day and three night weekend together is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy daily living in the unique world of our community. We will offer a variety of activities for self exploration, in order to stimulate our minds, energize our bodies, and nurture our community, while we enjoy friends and make new friends, have lots of fun, and celebrate the freedoms of being our fabulous selves!
Reserve your space now: https://discoverycommunityretreat2017.eventbrite.com
Our new retreat site at www.walkercreekranch.org has these wonderfully impressive amenities: – 1700 acres of forest, chaparral, grassland and riparian ecosystems, with 20 miles of hiking trails
- half acre organic garden and (goat and sheep) barnyard animals
- four acre pond for swimming and boating
- various picnic areas and outdoor sport facilities (e.g., sand volleyball court, basketball, softball backstop, and a dodge-ball pit)
- on site natural history museum
- various lodging (i.e., camping, economy, semi private rooms), with wireless internet access
- buffet style meals, prepared with food from local farmers’ markets and the onsite organic garden, include menu alternatives for special diets
Because Discovery values welcoming all queer men into our community, we offer retreat pricing incentives during your registration.
- Early Bird discounted registration until April 15th!
- discount of registration fees for 1st time retreat participants)
- limited scholarships for significant financial need can be requested by contacting our treasurer at email@example.com
Volunteers from our community share individual talents and interests to create a more personally relevant and dynamic retreat experience for all. (Feel free to contribute whatever your personal touch may be, by volunteering for some suggested activity during the Eventbrite registration.)
Here’s a sample of what kind of fun to expect from (us) our volunteers!:
- large groups explore our experiences of Friends, Fun and Freedoms, through a balance of lighthearted & intellectually stimulating interactions
- small groups support comfortable and positive individual experiences during our community’s weekend adventure
- various playshops/workshops/salons (e.g. Dance, “Discovery Then & Now,” hiking, learning about your gay self in nature, “Bridging the Communication Gap,” volleyball, art, hiking, gay social experience in 2017, etc.)
- evening dance party and an evening Talent/No Talent show
- afternoon swimming and boating in the four acre pond
- evening camp fire in the amphitheater setting by the creek
- free time to enjoy yourself & others (e.g. chatting, play board games, stroll the grounds, late night snacks, cuddle company, laughing it up, etc.)
Our retreat starts Friday, on May 26, 2017, at 3:00 p.m., and ends Monday, on May 29, 2017, at 2:00 p.m. Click https://discoverycommunityretreat2017.eventbrite.com to reserve your space at our celebratory retreat through Eventbrite. Registration ends on May 21.